We handle data submission to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR) for our Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System (BHPMS) members. NRI will help prepare you for IPFQR and save your facility valuable staff time.
Beginning with the January 1, 2016 reporting period, CMS IPFQR reporting requirements include:
- Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) 2 - Hours of physical restraint use,
- Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) 3 - Hours of seclusion use,
- Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) 5 - Discharge on multiple antipsychotic medications with appropriate justification,
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization (FUH),
- SUB 1 - Alcohol use screening,
- SUB-2/2a - Alcohol use brief intervention/unhealthy alcohol use,
- Influenza Immunization (IMM-2),
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage Among Healthcare Personnel,
- TOB-1 – Tobacco use screening,
- TOB-2 and TOB-2a – Tobacco use treatment provided or offered and tobacco use treatment received,
- TOB-2a - Counseling and medication,
- TOB-3/3a - Tobacco use treatment at discharge,
- Transition Record with Specified Elements Received by Discharged Patients,
- Timely Transmission of Transition Record,
- Screening for Metabolic Disorders,
- Assessment of Patient Experience of Care, and
- Uses of an Electronic Health Record (HER).
With our constant vigilance, NRI prepares you for IPFQR. To keep abreast of reporting requirements, facilities are encouraged to review postings under Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities on the Quality Net website (http://www.qualitynet.org).
Facilities are also encouraged to read about the Measures Under Consideration for the FY2019 Payment Determination (reporting period January to December 2017) that was released by CMS in December 2015. See NRI's comments here.
NRI is proud to announce that Lucille Schacht, our Senior Director for Performance and Quality Improvement, has been formally appointed to the technical advisory panel for CMS for the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting Program, and to the technical advisory panel for The Joint Commission for Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services.