We elevate patients’ voices to improve care.
NRI recognizes the critical importance of integrating patients’ perceptions of care into standard performance measures. In 2002, we developed our Inpatient Consumer Survey (ICS) to gather patients’ evaluation of their inpatient care.
NRI’s customized survey allows patients to provide feedback in six key domains: outcomes of care; dignity; rights; participation in treatment; facility environment; and empowerment.
There is no charge to individual psychiatric facilities to use our Inpatient Consumer Survey under our terms-of-use agreement. However, to access the survey benchmarking services, facilities must participate in the Inpatient Consumer Survey module of NRI’s performance measurement system (known as BHPMS). For a low annual fee, facilities receive:
Live, interactive, web-based orientation
- Access to a network of other psychiatric hospitals with a broad range of services
- Personal and direct technical support
- Live monthly educational webinars
- Secure and confidential services meeting HIPAA standards
- Spanish and English versions of the survey instrument
- Bilingual Spanish/English personal support and resources
- Access to the only comprehensive comparison reports containing national averages by domain and stratification
- A database tool for data entry and storage
- A comprehensive toolkit, including documents such as file layouts, measure descriptions, quality improvement documents, and much more…