2022 State Profiles Reports Coming Out Next Week
Thursday, January 5, 2023
Guided by a Steering Committee of State Behavioral Health (SBHA) Agency Leaders, NRI has been compiling information about priority issues from all the state behavioral health agencies. The first 10 reports using the 2022 State Profiles Information are completed after their final state review and will be publicly released next week on the NRI website and distributed via email to each SBHA. Each of the 10 public reports will highlight a priority area identified by states. Accompanying each public report, the NRI Restricted Access website (available to authorized state behavioral health agency staff) will provide state-by-state detailed information related to the public reports in a set of spreadsheets.
The Initial 10 reports cover three areas: Behavioral Health Crisis Services, Behavioral Health Workforce Shortages, and Housing for Individuals with Mental Illness
The Behavioral Health Crisis Services reports focus on state support of mobile crisis teams, financing, use of technology and outcome measurement, transportation, and workforce. The Behavioral Health Workforce reports focus on workforce shortages across service settings, diversity initiatives, use of technology, and peer specialists. The Housing report focuses on how SBHAs are supporting housing for individuals with mental illnesses.
NRI staff are also preparing a number of additional 2022 Profiles Highlights on topics prioritized by the State Steering Committee. Future report topics include:
- State Mental Health Agency Summary of their Crisis Services Continuum
- State Mental Health Agency Support for Behavioral Health Crisis Call Centers
- State Mental Health Agency Support for Crisis Receiving and Stabilization Facilities
- Reorganization of State Mental Health Agencies within State Government
- FY 2021 State MH Agency Expenditures and Funding Sources, and Trends in Expenditures Over the Past 10 Years
- Organization and Funding of Community MH Services: How do SMHAs organize community MH services
- Use of Medicaid to Fund MH Services: What Waivers and Options are Being Used by States
Please contact Ted Lutterman at [email protected] with any questions about the Profiles project.