NRI’s Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System
NRI offers a benchmarking and quality improvement system for your psychiatric facility.
NRI's Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System (BHPMS) serves all state psychiatric hospitals and several private psychiatric hospitals and units. All told, we provide comprehensive quality improvement and analytic services to nearly 200 psychiatric facilities ranging in size from 10 beds to over 1,000 beds.
Listed in 1999 by The Joint Commission as acceptable for the ORYX® initiative, the BHPMS has continued to expand its menu of measures for psychiatric care, developing an inpatient consumer survey and championing the public-private collaborative that led to the development of The Joint Commission’s Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services core measure set.
Listed in 2013 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a vendor, NRI, through the BHPMS, is equipped to submit data to CMS to fulfill the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting Program requirements.
A fundamental attribute of our service is the interaction of the BHPMS staff with your facility. A standing technical workgroup provides the NRI system with direct experience useful to performance measure development, assessing burden of data collection, uncovering the benefits of metrics, and sharing examples of successful quality initiatives.
Participating members receive the benefits of:
- Depth and breadth of our knowledge of behavioral healthcare and the unique needs of your organization
- Monthly, real-time web-based reports to support your facility's quality improvement initiatives
- Up-to-date information on The Joint Commission and CMS reporting requirements, and the changing healthcare environment
- Data submission to The Joint Commission and CMS included in the service package
- One-on-one, personal technical assistance from an assigned liaison, including live interactive webinars
- Benchmarking of facility performance against national rates and specialized comparison groups
- Live, educational webinars on a range of topics from data quality to quality improvement processes.
For a free sample of our monthly publication, entitled Technical Notes, dedicated to the education of our members, you may download the PDF here.
To find out more about NRI’s Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System (BHPMS) contact us at email@example.com