NRI’s Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System
NRI offers a benchmarking and quality improvement system for your psychiatric facility.
NRI's Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System (BHPMS) serves all state psychiatric hospitals, along with several private psychiatric hospitals and psychiatric units. NRI provides comprehensive quality improvement and analytic services to nearly 200 psychiatric facilities ranging in size from 10 beds to over 1,000 beds.
Listed in 1999 by The Joint Commission as acceptable for the ORYX® initiative, the BHPMS has continued to expand its measures of performance for psychiatric care. One such measure is the inpatient consumer survey, which was developed in 2002 by NRI and endorsed by National Quality Forum (NQF) in 2010. NRI was also involved with the development of The Joint Commission’s Hospital-Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS) core measures, which are now used by all free-standing psychiatric hospitals and units in order to report to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Listed in 2013 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a vendor, NRI, through the BHPMS, is equipped to submit data to CMS to fulfill the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting Program requirements.
A fundamental attribute of our service is the interaction of the BHPMS staff with your facility. A standing technical workgroup provides the NRI system with direct experience useful to performance measure development, assessing burden of data collection, uncovering the benefits of metrics, and sharing examples of successful quality initiatives.
Participating members receive the benefits of:
- NRI’s extensive knowledge of the behavioral healthcare system
- Monthly, real-time web-based reports to support your facility's quality improvement initiatives
- Up-to-date information on The Joint Commission and CMS reporting requirements, as well as the changing healthcare environment
- Data submission to The Joint Commission and CMS is included in the service package
- One-on-one, personal technical assistance from an assigned liaison. This includes live interactive webinars
- Comparing the facilities performance benchmarks to comparison groups, as well as national rates Live, educational webinars on a range of topics from data quality to quality improvement processes.
To find out more about NRI’s Behavioral Healthcare Performance Measurement System (BHPMS) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org